Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1871 Census lookup - Stockton, Durham

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 21 May 2004 12:35

Hi, does Ancestry have the 1871 census online now? If so, could someone help me out with a lookup for the Clark(e) family of Stockon in Durham. Here they are in 1881 at 21 Haswell Street, Stockton On Tees, Durham. Ellen CLARK Head W Female 37 Hexham Northumberland Rebecca CLARK Daur Female 14 Stockton, Durham Mary CLARK Daur Female 10 Stockton, Durham Sarah CLARK Daur Female 8 Spenny Moor, Durham Ellen CLARK Daur Female 6 Spenny Moor, Durham James CLARK Son Male 4 Port Clarence, Durham In 1871 the husband John Clark(e) a blast furnace keeper, should be alive. I need to find out where he was from and when he was born. Thanks Paul

Emma

Emma Report 21 May 2004 13:11

Paul, Unfortunately so far they only have: Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Cambridgeshire, Herefordshire, Huntingdonshire, London, Middlesex, Shropshire, Worcestershire, Yorkshire on Ancestry and it doesn't look like those counties are complete! Emma.

Paul

Paul Report 21 May 2004 13:33

Oh... looks like I am going to have to wait. But in the meantime, could you help out with my Wallington family. I understand there are two Sarah Wallingtons listed on the 1871 Census in London - one at St Marylebone, London, aged 52 and widowed (she was married to a Henry Wallington) and the other at St Pancras, Kentish Town, London aged 42 born Chatham, married to Henry Wallington. Having two Henry and Sarah Wallingtons in London at the same time makes it hard to work out whose children are whose - so I would really like to see both Sarah Wallington census records, if you have the time. Thanks Paul

Emma

Emma Report 21 May 2004 14:16

Paul, The age for both is 52, and the Sarah in Marylebone is listed as unmarried not widowed: Sarah Wallington, head, unmar, 52, Dyer, London Elizabeth Jarvis, cousin, unmar, 15, Marylebone at the same address Harry & Maria Hook 11a Marylebone Road, St Mary, Marylebone, London Henry Wallington, head, mar, 56, cab driver, London St Pancras Sarah, wife, 52, Kent Chatham George, 14, St Pancras Noble, 8, St Pancras No. 15 Newbury Mews, Kentish Town, St Pancras (no relationships for the boys) Hope this helps, Emma.