Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Tree Maker version 11 - help!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 21 May 2004 06:45

I have the Family Tree Maker but need to know if it is possible to print only a portion of my tree. I have tried and tried but cannot seem to do this. What I want is just my uncle's (mum's brother) ancestors (not all my dad's side of the family or my husbands). The only way it will let me do it is to just list his immediate ancestors i.e. grandparents, gr grandparents, gr gr grandparents etc, but I want all the siblings and their offspring too etc. Does anybody know if this is possible and if so how? Many thanks, Lorraine

Russell

Russell Report 21 May 2004 07:06

Hello Lorraine, I have got version 10 not 11. All you have to do on version 10 is go to your uncle on the family page then select the tree you wish to display. It may be different for 11. I do not know how to get all the siblings and offspring etc unless you create a new family file with only his part of the family and print off the new all in one tree. All the best Russell

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 21 May 2004 21:00

Hiya!! 1. Highlight the person (ie your uncle) 2. Select 'view' 'ancestor tree' 'standard' 3. Select 'contents' (on the toolbar at the top) then 'options' 4. below where it says 'show siblings of...' click on either 'primary individual' or 'all individuals' Lastly - don't be afraid to play with the contents/format/people menus on the top toolbar - you might be surprised at the ways you can customise your trees!! If you can bear it, then try and browse through the relevant pages of the manual!! Hope this helps. Maz. XX