Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Deaths in New Zealand

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ronald

Ronald Report 21 May 2004 00:40

Hi Does anyone know of a Website that might be able to help with a date of death and certificate, for an ex-pat who died in Christchurch N.Z.circa 1985.

Chris

Chris Report 21 May 2004 01:03

Ronald, We have birth death and marriage fiche at our main libraries. They only show year of death and a ref no so you can order a cert. If you tell me the name - next time I go to the library I will look for you. Christine

Ronald

Ronald Report 21 May 2004 01:17

Thanks Christine the name is Amelia Elizabeth Freeston mn Baxter,she was my Grandmother, she made a will shortly before she died and that was dated 1984,

Sue

Sue Report 21 May 2004 07:50

Hi, I live in Christchurch, and thought that the notice was probably in THE PRESS, our daily paper. You could try their website to see if they have archives, perhaps. I think they can be found on www.stuffdotcodotnz Sue. oops, address won't load, so e-mail me for details!

Chris

Chris Report 22 May 2004 03:21

Hi Ronald, I think I've found your grandmother's death in 1984. 1329 Amelia Elizabeth Freeston 20.11.1895 Christchurch 1984 If you want the death cert go to www.bdm.govt(.)nz and you will be able to order on line for NZ$26.00 with the above details. Remove the brackets from the address. Good luck with your searching. Christine