Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Just a Quickie

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 20 May 2004 21:45

What's the difference between the IGI and VRI? Ta Naomi

Keith

Keith Report 20 May 2004 21:51

Hi Naomi. As far as I am aware nothing. Keith

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 20 May 2004 21:56

Hmmm. It's just that I found a family on the IGI today. I have the VRI2 at home but they weren't on there.

Keith

Keith Report 20 May 2004 22:06

Sorry to hear that. The two things are compiled from the same info but I presume mistakes can happen. Best of luck Keith

Mary

Mary Report 20 May 2004 23:58

The IGI is the International Genealogical Index and the VRI is Vital Records Index and you do not always get the same records on both. If you have found something on the IGI and you have Gro references you can send for certificates. Mary

Heather

Heather Report 21 May 2004 00:49

I thought the records on the BVRI were the ones collected by LDS but not included in the IGI. Heather

Montmorency

Montmorency Report 21 May 2004 09:39

looks like a good reference http://www.berksfhs.org.uk/journal/Jun2001/jun2001SomeIGIConfusionsUntangled.htm