Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help in finding someone in America please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharon

Sharon Report 20 May 2004 20:09

Does anyone know how i would go about finding someone who in 1923 worked on the ship Francisco ,when the ship reached America he deserted leaving a wife and children in England never to be heard of again. Thank you

Linda

Linda Report 20 May 2004 21:29

Have you tried Ancestry? If you give me his name I will have a look for you.

Crista

Crista Report 20 May 2004 21:37

Sharon, List his name and age and I can look at the 1930 census. Crista

Sharon

Sharon Report 20 May 2004 22:12

Thank you very much, His name was Alfred Ernest Pexton he was 42 years old when he went.His mother Sarah Pexton had gone to America in 1919 to stay with her daughter Mrs F Tiegel at 10417 Ostend Avenue Cleveland Ohio.He may have gone there i dont know as yet if Sarah ever came back to england she was 60 years old and a widow when she went. Thanks again Sharon