Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do I Trace Half Sister-New discovery

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 19 May 2004 20:11

Hi All, Have just discovered I have a Half sister Doreen Hennell born 1937 in Camberwell, London. I only discovered My dad had been married before when I found My Mum and Dads Marriage certificate after they died, and it said divorced Husband of Doris Louise/Louisa Wise. They were both married at age 19. A new rellie went to Family Records Centre for me and discovered her and the only other entry for her is a Marriage(presume correct) to a Emrys Thomas in Ystradgynlais, Wales in 1959. How do I find her and hopefully she would like to talk. I presume my Dad was paying for her upkeep thinking back in the past and also lots of Wales talk. Didn't associate it before but now makes sense. Many thanks, Sandra

Penny

Penny Report 19 May 2004 20:15

You may find this website of some use as I understand it has a facility to search on the electoral roll/national phone book. Good luck and bestwishes in your search. http://www.b4usearch follow it by a 'co and uk' (sorry having trouble getting it accepted !) Penny

Sandra

Sandra Report 19 May 2004 21:04

Hi Pen, Thankyou for your reply I will go and search on the website you have given me. Best Wishes, Sandra

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 May 2004 23:14

The website Pen suggested has been down recently for upgrading. If it's still not available, then try www(.)192(.)com and although they charge, you can follow instructions to get a few free starter credits, which should be enough for what you need. Good luck!

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 19 May 2004 23:42

Hi Sandra, Have e-mailed you. Good Luck Maggy

Seasons

Seasons Report 20 May 2004 00:05

Try Rachael on the Record Office message board first - she has the 2003 electors roll for UK and very kindly offers to do lookups.