Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Great Website for people searching for Burials in

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharon

Sharon Report 19 May 2004 17:04

Hi all I have just stumbled across this website (cant remember how!) while trying to track down where some of my Suffolk ancestors were buried. It is the website of Waveney District Council and lists the people buried in the Kirkley, Beccles, Belle View Park, Bungay, Halesworth, Lowestoft, Southwold and Wrentham Cemeteries. I have just found loads of my ancestors, it lists name, date buried, age, occupation (sometimes), Address and burial plot number. Hope this helps someone else out there too! Regards Sharon

Stephen

Stephen Report 19 May 2004 17:10

Sounds interesting. GC has probably deleted the web address though (I assume you included it), so could you perhaps include it again with the appropriate use of brackets or DOT instead of . Cheers

Sharon

Sharon Report 19 May 2004 17:19

Hi Stephen No it wasnt them, it was me!!!! In my excitement of finding all the burials of some long lost ancestors i totally forgot to type the web address it is: www(.)waveney(.)gov(.)uk If you click on the link at the top of the page for the letter C, then click on the cemeteries link it will take you through to the page with the cemetery details. Sharon