Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can any tell me what these Freecen,mean & where ca

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

June

June Report 19 May 2004 10:24

Hi, I have been reading so many of the messages on this tips board about freecen,what are they all about are they free, or do I have purchase them from some where,could someone piont me the right wayplease,as I am still learing these things. Do they give you all the uk census on these discs, I would like to know what I have to do to get them. June-S lavin-Cumming

Bob

Bob Report 19 May 2004 10:51

Hi June, freeCEN is a web-site, where volunteers transcribe various censuses and, as the name implies, the results are free to look up. They are not complete, but they are constantly being added to. It says on the site, which areas are covered. The web-address is http://freecen.rootsweb(.)com The brackets are there, as this site (GC) doesn't accept web addresses, so type without brackets, and visit the site.. Then come back with any other questions. Someone here will surely help out. Good hunting, Bob

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 May 2004 10:53

Free cen is a web site that has transcribed census on. It has a small amount of info on at the moment but you might be lucky. It is free. The address is http://freecen(.)rootsweb(.)com/ remove the ()

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 May 2004 11:23

Oops repeating you there Bob!

Bob

Bob Report 19 May 2004 15:48

You can find other census data sites on the thread "FREE CENSUS DATA, 1841 - 1901" Just type "free census" in the search-box Good Hunting !

June

June Report 19 May 2004 21:48

Hi,Bob,June here I am still trying to find my way round on things,Iam a slow leaner at trying to find my long lost relatives that as gone ahead before me,but I just want to say thank you for your help,maybe some time I might find some of them,thank you once again for taking time out to answer my e-mail,sorry I did not get to you sooner. Junexxx.