Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can someone help?....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rosie

Rosie Report 17 May 2004 19:36

Hi Can someone help, i am looking for my biological father i have his date of birth and where he was born, last known address in 1972. What can i do next? I have tried calling some people from a recent electoral roll and wrote to a few i have still about 25 to contact. 3 people have not wrote back even though i have wrote twice with SAE's. Is there an easier way to track him down than write to everyone? Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks Rosie

Rus&

Rus& Report 17 May 2004 20:15

try contacting joan allan at the my folks website she can give you help and advice

Seasons

Seasons Report 17 May 2004 23:35

You could well have written to the right person but the shock of reading a letter out of the blue could be enormous. He may be unable to respond due to his family situation or he may not want to know (a real possibility especially if the breakup with your mother was acrimonious). Were your parents married, if not did he accept you as his child? Some fathers denied that a child was his. Have you any idea of any relations of his that you could contact and act as an intermediary? They may also be able to give you some background information. You could also leave a message on Lookupuk(.)com and or missing-you(.)net If you know his name have a look on friends reunited to see if he's registered and given an insight into his situation. I would proceed very carefully. What does your mum think about it - can she give you any pointers?