Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help please with islington census 1851

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Theresa

Theresa Report 16 May 2004 12:40

Hi everyone Could some please tell me were to look for the islington census for 1851. Iam looking for my great grandfather who lived in Hornsey road islington in 1851 his name was william churchley and he married a esther kon/jon. put census on google but it came up with loads of census and could not find right one, would be very gratefull if anyone knew a better web site. Many thanks Theresa. x

Foxyfeline

Foxyfeline Report 16 May 2004 14:24

Hi Theresa Lynda Pace has the London 1851 census over on the Records Office board, it is on page 4 at the moment, she might be able to look it up for you, I should think Islington would be on there. Happy Hunting Lisa xx

Stephen

Stephen Report 17 May 2004 08:44

Hi, The FRC has copies of the census as do the local library. I spend a lot of time working with these as my family orginate from there . I can always look it up & get a print for you when I'm next there, but its not for a couple of weeks. Steve.

Theresa

Theresa Report 17 May 2004 18:15

Thank you both very much steve that would be great please let me know if you need anymore info. x