Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lancashire advice needed - looking for marriage c1

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 May 2004 09:30

Anyone any suggestions as to where to look next. Am still looking for a marriage in the Lancashire area. Places checked so far are: IGI, VRI, Manchester, Salford, Eccles & Trafford all to no avail. I understand that the couple in question may NOT have married but before I put this one to bed (and the whole of the tree) I would like to know if anyone could suggest where else I could look. Have I missed somewhere ? All I know is that James was born and worked in Salford, but I believe he may at some point lived at Shaw Hall, Flixton. Sarah (if I have the correct one) was baptized in the Holy Trinity Church, Eccles and may at some point lived or worked at Strangeways/Strangeways Hall. James died in 1829 as an Auctioneer ...this is the sum total of my knowledge. I have no idea when James was born or even if this Sarah is the correct one. I'm looking for confirmation ! Would I find anything out if I were to chase up his buisness address ?.. how do I do this.. as you can see, I'm totally lost and don't know which direction to go in ! All help and advice gratefully accepted and most appreciated. Elaine :-(

Mary

Mary Report 16 May 2004 16:37

Hi Elaine, I have E mailed you direct. Mary

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 May 2004 20:58

Thank you Mary, your help is really really appreciated. Elaine X