Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How not to miss anything?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine2

Christine2 Report 15 May 2004 14:20

I enjoy coming on to the message board and leaving comments to questions etc, but I dread missing a reply and not thanking somebody for something. I cant remember what all the threads are called that I reply to and if they shoot of the bottom before I look again I spend ages looking through the pages checking. If I have ever missed saying thank you to anybody I'm VERY sorry and I'm saying it now. Cheers Chris

Tracey

Tracey Report 15 May 2004 14:36

I know what you mean Chris. Sometimes it's not always possible to get on the PC every day and with the records board moving very quickly before you know it your message has done a bunk off the end of the board!! Same here anyway, if i've ever forgotton to say thankyou to anyone for the look ups you do, THANKYOU!!!! Best Wishes Tracey

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 May 2004 14:51

I've been caught out by finding someone has replied to a thread ages ago. I now try if it is more than a page long already to e-mail direct, then people reply direct and you can thank them direct [and have a record of thanking them]. It saves trawling through a long thread. Other way is to use new search facility to locate threads. Helen.

Christine2

Christine2 Report 15 May 2004 15:02

Thanks both - see my thread "answered my own question" sorry I hadn't noticed "view your own threads" and anyway I didn't think it would include your replies. Have always replied with thanks when people send me an e-mail of course. Cheers Chris