Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What Relation am I Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 14 May 2004 20:58

Hi, I am meeting some distant relations on Tuesday, and I wondered what relation I am to them there GrandFather and Grandmother are my GG/Grand father and mother, how do I work that Please if anyone could tell me thanking you Margaret

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 14 May 2004 21:16

I THINK you are 2nd cousins; or is it 1st cousins, once removed?

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 14 May 2004 21:18

This site explains it: http://www(.)genealogy(.)com/16_cousn.html?Welcome=1084565844 (remove ( ) first) A chart is near the bottom of the page, and I think it's easier to read than all of the text. Was I correct? (Now I'm curious) -- Actually, after looking at that chart (instead of my printout) I think you are 1st cousins, once removed. Margaret, have a WONDERFUL time meeting them. I met a 4th cousin (found him through GC) and couldn't have met a nicer person, nor had a better time talking to him.

Sandra

Sandra Report 14 May 2004 21:27

Hi there, Yes you are second cousins once removed according to my chart. I have found two second cousins on this site and a once removed. Best Wishes, Sandra

Linda & Tim

Linda & Tim Report 14 May 2004 21:31

According to my Family Historian software... You are 1st cousins once removed... providing your grandparent was a sibling of their parent. If your grandparent was a cousin of their parent, you are 2nd cousins twice removed. I think!

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 14 May 2004 21:34

Hi Lisa and Sandra I can't seem to get into the site, I am a bit confused now but I know I will enjoy myself on Tuesday, thank you both Margaret

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 14 May 2004 21:37

I copied it exactly -- just checked and NOW it shows: http://www.genealogy(.)com/16_cousn.html Sorry, don't know what happened!!!

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 14 May 2004 21:37

Hi Linda, I think I am a second cousin twice removed because my Grandmother was their cousin thank you Margaret