Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

scottish census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 14 May 2004 18:47

CAN ANYONE HELP ME? I AM NEW TO ALL THIS, HOW DOES ONE GET TO SEE A PARTICULAR cCNSUS

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 May 2004 20:04

From what I know this is a good site. www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk You can also get 1881 census discs from LDS. I have it and a few others. If you need a look up on that just give a shout. I'm sure others will add to this too. Good luck, Jo.

Pumphrey

Pumphrey Report 14 May 2004 20:07

Hello again vonnie, try freecen (put freecen into google). this gives you census returns for 1841,51,61,71 and 1891 (I think that's right). Also the LDS site is www.familysearch.org. This gives you a lot of information on 1881. You can't always find everyone but both of the above are a good FREE way to start. Pam

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 14 May 2004 21:44

HI P AM, tHANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP i WILL CERTAINLY TRY THOSE TWO SITES FIRST AS MONEY IS TIGHT KIND REGARDS YVONNE

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 14 May 2004 21:49

HI JO THANKS FOR YOUR OFFER OF HELP I AM LOOKING FOR MY GRANDFATHER WHO WAS HUGH NICOL WHO LIVED IN ABERDEEN , I DON.T HAVE ANY OTHER DETAILS EXCEPT MY MOTHER WAS BORN IN ABERDEEN 16/9/02 HER NAME WAS MARGARET ISABELLA NICOL AND i BELIEVE HE DIED WHEN SHE WAS IN HER TEENS kIND REGARDS YVONNE

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 16 May 2004 11:36

Hi Catherine, thanks for that piece of information. I can wait until summer, it won't be long now Kind regards Yvonne