Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Contacts List - check for emails!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 May 2004 18:08

There have been lots of threads and replies lately about people not replying to other people's emails, and naturally they are thought to be quite rude. However, I was trawling through my contacts list trying to prune it down a bit, and discovered to my horror that two people had emailed me, and I'd never received them! I quickly sent off emails to them so that they wouldn't think I was rude. I will now be checking my contacts list every few days to see if there are any new emails that didn't make it through outlook. Has anyone else had this problem I wonder?

Heather

Heather Report 14 May 2004 18:19

Hi Mandy Yes, I've been having this problem too. Heather

David

David Report 14 May 2004 18:32

It's happened half a dozen times to me, the last time being on 1st May. Like you, I check my contact list fairly frequently just in case. I use a hotmail address, but I don't know if it's them or GenesConn. David

Marlene

Marlene Report 15 May 2004 08:28

Me too very strange . I thought I'd altered something when I downloaded a Microsoft update! Marlene

Heather

Heather Report 15 May 2004 10:29

I have found that some messages from GC are going into a spam folder, a new feature from my isp. Heather

Ellen

Ellen Report 18 May 2004 07:43

I have had this problem as well. It seems since wanadoo took over freeserve a lot of my emails have not got through. Others have sent me mail that I have not received. Helena

Nicola

Nicola Report 18 May 2004 15:12

Sorry if i appear to be a bit daft but how can you tell from the contacts list if someone has replied to an email please?

Felicity

Felicity Report 18 May 2004 17:19

I check my contacts list regularly. Only one has ever failed to reach me - one from last week that I responded to within 2 days, and out of the total, more than half the people I have contacted have failed to reply. That's an awful lot just not getting delivered!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 May 2004 17:23

I had ywo recently that didn't reach me, both on the same day. Luckily i picked them both up from my contacts list. I have also sent one that I have not had a reply to, so I am asuming that the person has not received it. Ann Glos

Allie

Allie Report 19 May 2004 19:45

Mandy, As you can see, it is a common problem! I do the odd lookup now and again and check my contacts first thing in the morning, just in case. I did'nt realise about this until a few weeks ago when someone emailed me for a lookup and I did'nt receive it. I found it about two weeks later and felt awful. Thats why I always check now. Allie xx

Freda

Freda Report 19 May 2004 21:05

Ive had the problem of e-mails going into the spam file, ive got that fed up Ive stopped sending, i dont get any replies, and when i check its in the spam file and no e-mails have been sent.