Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Problem with 1837online

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 13 May 2004 21:48

I am using a laptop, have installed the viewer, logged in but the search button does not work. Any ideas please?

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 13 May 2004 23:41

If the search button doesn't work, that sounds more like a problem with your interaction with the site itself rather than the viewer. Which browser are you using? I use Netscape because that's what the viewer is designed to work with. It may be that it doesn't work so well with other browsers. Are you using as up-to-date a version as they expect? (or are you too up-to-date?) f.a.o. ANY MAC-USER: I could view on first call-up but I had a lot of trouble getting to view my saved images. The e-correspondence went to and fro for ages until we realised that, because I was using a Mac, the saved files didn't have a suffix. As soon as I added ".djvu" everything was fine. It still comes up with the message "invalid page requested" but you can just close that and get on with using the image. good luck Christine