Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

baby that died before it was christened

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 13 May 2004 21:26

When I started doing genealogy many years ago and spoke to an old aunt she told me that her mother had a baby that died before it was christened,didn't know if it was a boy or girl,this was in early 1900's.Have just been thinking about it today and wondered if it was registered,either the birth or death.Has anyone come across this before? Wendy

Gen

Gen Report 13 May 2004 21:30

If the baby was born alive then it had to be registered, in theory anyway, I would imagine that there should be an entry for both it's birth and death but you may find just male or female and the surname. Gen

Judith

Judith Report 13 May 2004 21:31

I think, as long as the baby wasn't stillborn the birth would have to be registered, and a funeral wouldn't have been allowed without a death certificate. Judith