Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 decoder????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

*Alison*

*Alison* Report 13 May 2004 21:14

just got the 1901 decoder and i'm a bit unsure as to how i use it!! i typed in the person's details but don't know where to go from there!!!! Please help!!! Alison

Gen

Gen Report 13 May 2004 21:33

Once you have done your person search, for each page of results click on PROCESS search at the top of the page, once you have gone through all the results then click on SEARCH RESULTS, this will bring you to the page of all the names found, after this click GROUP BY and choose PAGE, they will then be grouped by the people on the same page and therfore probably in the same household. Hope this helps Gen

Geoff

Geoff Report 13 May 2004 21:35

I suggest you read about it again on the decoder website. It will not find people for you, it will just help you to group them together after you have found them. For example if you search for surname "Glass" in place name "Birmingham" it finds 20 names. If you then click "Process search" at the top, then "Show results" you will see 20 names. You can then "Group/sort by >Page ID" and it groups them into 3 families, one very large one (originating in Russia) and two smaller ones.