Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

LDS 1881 Census Problems Online???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tc

Tc Report 13 May 2004 20:03

Hi Is anyone experiencing problems with the 1881 census online from LDS site today? It won't let you choose which census (says "All") hence can't enter country or county of birth, also if you view a record, relationships to head of house not given as they were before? Rod

Sue

Sue Report 13 May 2004 20:12

Rod I see what you mean, although it still says you can choose which census to search. I haven't been on the site for a few days, but it certainly wasn't like that before. Although if you put in the name, when it first is listed, before you click on it, it gives the relationship- son, daughter , wife etc. I hope you can understand what I mean! Sue

*Alison*

*Alison* Report 13 May 2004 21:18

what is the web address for the LDS site? Alison

Gen

Gen Report 13 May 2004 21:23

I'm having the same problem, found it really difficult to search today, Alison the address is familysearch.org Gen

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 13 May 2004 22:18

had same problem earlier but appears to be ok now Shelli

Tc

Tc Report 14 May 2004 00:51

Yes thanks seems back to normal now Rod