Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help need. have marriage index nr. can`t find seco

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 13 May 2004 09:40

Hi, Perhaps someone can give me some advice and tell me what i`m doing wrong. I`ve found William and Louisa Madden on 1901 census living in paddington middlesex. I`ve looked on bmd site to find out when they got married and can only find Louisa maiden name Marsh. index nr. 1a 451. Can`t find William marsh at all. Also I`ve checked on 1837 site. Again I`ve found Louisa Maiden name Marsh index nr. 1a 451 married 1878 2nd qrt (june) in Fulham but no William Madden. This is all very confusing, can anyone give some advice at what to do now. Or what am i doing wrong. Many thanks, julie in Austria

Christine2

Christine2 Report 13 May 2004 09:49

Have you checked ALL the male Madden's for the same reference - he could have used a second name later or similar. Cheers Chris

Elaine

Elaine Report 13 May 2004 10:54

Hi Julie, I had a similar thing with Martha Raymond.This was definately her surname but it was entered as Reymond-the only mis-spelling i have found re. her so far. You may have to try Maden or Maddon. Hope this helps Elaine. x

Crista

Crista Report 13 May 2004 10:59

Julie, Don't think this is the right Louisa Marsh. She married George Cribb. You can see them together on the 1881 census. Marriages Jun 1878 Brown Emily Sarah Fulham 1a 451 CRIBB George Fulham 1a 451 Lillywhite Thomas William Fulham 1a 451 Marsh Louisa Fulham 1a 451 Crista

Crista

Crista Report 13 May 2004 11:07

Julie, I can't find them at all on the 1901 census. Can you list their ages and birth places? Crista

Elaine

Elaine Report 13 May 2004 11:34

HI julie, Have just looked up 1a 451 Jun 1878 Fulham on Freebmd and it says- Brown Emily Sarah Fulham 1a 451 Gibb George Fulham 1a 451 Lillywhite Thomas William Fulham 1a 451 Marsh Louisa Fulham 1a 451 There is no Louisa Marsh marrying William Madden as far as i can see in record.It looks as though there is a problem with your info.Could you give more info so someone can help further? Thanks Elaine. x

Julie

Julie Report 13 May 2004 11:59

Hi everyone, thanks for your help. I must have the wrong louisa marriage then. It does help asking others who see things more clearly. I am now going back to the thinking board. Many many thanks, Julie in Austria