Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP!! advice needed desperately please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 13 May 2004 09:32

I am looking for any information on Thomas Francis Croke born in Manchester Lancs around 1865. I have tried the record offices who cannot find his birth certificate i have his marriage certificate which tells me his dad was called Patrick Croke who was a labourer but dead by the time Thomas Francis Croke had married in 1891. Can anyone tell me where else i can look??

Bob

Bob Report 13 May 2004 09:50

in freeCEN i found CROKE Thomas Head Male M Age: 27 Occupation: Stoker 1st Class Royal Navy Born: Unknown - Manchester Census Place: Saint Andrew Clicking on "Household" gives: Piece: RG12/1733 Place: Plymouth-Devon Enumeration District: 10 Civil Parish: Saint Andrew Ecclesiastical Parish: Saint Andrew Folio: 94 Page: 17 Schedule: 132 Address: 81 Cambridge St Surname First name(s) Rel Status Sex Age Occupation Where Born Remarks CROKE Thomas Head M M 27 Stoker 1st Class Royal Navy Unknown - Manchester CROKE Eliza J Wife M F 25 Devon - Plymouth CROKE William D Son S M 3m Devon - Plymouth Anybody you know ???

Patricia

Patricia Report 13 May 2004 09:54

Hello Vanessa, Could this be the family you are looking for, Thomas Croke - age 27 - H.M. Royal Navy - Plymouth Eliza J Croke - age 25 - Born Devon plymouth William Croke - son age 2 months - Born Devon Plymouth Thomas Croke was born in Manchester And the address for 1891 census is 132,Cambridge St, St Andrews, Plymouth. I hope this is of use to you. Regards Pat

Bob

Bob Report 13 May 2004 09:55

Hi Patricia, SNAP !

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 13 May 2004 10:52

Thanks alot you guys!! Do you know how i could find details of Thomas Francis Croke's parents the Record Office cannot locate his Birth Certificate! Your help is really appreciated. Vanessa

Crista

Crista Report 13 May 2004 11:12

Vanessa, You have the same thread on the Records Board! Seeing as he didn't use his middle name on this first marriage, you should look for a birth record for just Thomas Croke. Crista