Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How can I add my Uncle's name to my tree.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 May 2004 11:44

I amn trying to ADD my Uncles name to my family tree I have placed my Father's name on it but cannot find out how to Add his Brother's name and his Family. I do not know my Grandparents names so cannot work from there can anyplease please advise me how to place my Uncle's name on the family tree? Regards. G Woodlands. p,s, My Uncle was born in 1902. and is now deceased.

Heather

Heather Report 12 May 2004 11:53

Hi Gordon I think you need to put something for your grandfather and then add your uncle as his son. You could put Unknown for christian name and guess a birth date and place then change the details later when you have more info. Heather

Heather

Heather Report 13 May 2004 10:33

Hi Gordon I found your message in my contacts, it seems that the e-mails aren't getting through again. Have sent a reply but haven't received confirmation of it being sent so look in 'your contacts' on the left hand side of the screen. I have to go out now so if you still have problems, post another message on the board and perhaps someone will help. Good Luck Heather

Carole

Carole Report 13 May 2004 11:16

Is your uncle older or younger than your father? If he is younger, you could search for your father on the 1901 census, which would give you your grandfather's name and (approximate) age. I say approximate, because my great-grandfather's age went up by 14 years in the space of 10 years between a couple of Censuses, so I can't guarantee how accurate the ages are!