Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP PLEASE with recent Bournemouth electoral roll

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 May 2004 22:15

I am trying to trace my (birth) uncle and the last address I have for him was in Bournemouth in 1984. I know that he is now in South Africa, so I need to go through the local electoral rolls to find out when he left the UK. Are there any websites that could help? (happy to pay, they don't have to be free ones) Or is this a fairly simple task that I could ask someone on this site to help with? Still fairly new to all this so very grateful for any help at all.

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 May 2004 20:22

Thank you all for your very helpful suggestions. I didn't have a clue before but now I have some ideas to be getting on with; also a very kind lady living in Bournemouth has offered to look in the library for me. I'm really grateful, thanks again :))

Carol

Carol Report 16 May 2004 01:20

you can buy electoral rolls from the local council. I work for an estate agent in dorset and we always buy them. Unfortunately we dont cover bournemouth. Failing that ask a bournemouth estate agent if they have one.

Samantha

Samantha Report 16 May 2004 14:34

Hi! The Dorset County Records Office in Dorchester have the electoral registers. I'm not sure when I'll next be going up there but it would be worth putting a message on the records office board to see if someones planning a trip. I did this for the electoral registers in Nottingham and someone was visiting that week and kindly did a look up. Sam