Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

is there a 1831 census (leicester)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anna

Anna Report 10 May 2004 22:08

Hi can u help was there a 1831 census if so can any one help . i have lost some one and it is driving us up the wall. anna

Anna

Anna Report 10 May 2004 22:18

thanks ros would local office have birth certs from 1700s if that was when he was born. anna

Rosalind in Madeira

Rosalind in Madeira Report 10 May 2004 22:20

Civil registration didn't start until 1 July 1837, so prior to that date you will need to look in the Parish records which will be available at the record office.

Anna

Anna Report 10 May 2004 22:22

thanks ros i will try that. anna

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 11 May 2004 00:01

Greeting's Anne. . . . . Try and phone the Family History Society research office in Leicester. . . 0116 2516567. 10 - 4.00 not Tuesdays closed. or try our web site at . . . . lrfhs (.) org (.) uk ( remove brackets) There's notice board for you to leave a request. I'm sure they we be able to help you. . . . Sorry I've only disks from 1851, 81, 91. MIKE ( Society member )

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 11 May 2004 09:28

Anna, Last time I was at the record office I discovered they might have electoral roll books from around 1831 - don't know for certain but it may be worth asking - I am after my John Butler who I know was a chemist in Wharf Street in 1825 but doesn't appear on the 1851 census. John's son Edward henry was born 1831. Maggie