Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 census site help needed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rachel

Rachel Report 10 May 2004 21:12

This may sound like a daft query, but here goes. I've found someone on the site, paid to look at the image & they are in an institution. Fine, but how do I know which one?? The census page itself doesn't tell me, not that I can see anyway. I'd be really grateful for anyones help. Ta. Rachel

Alison

Alison Report 10 May 2004 21:24

Hi Rachel, Not entirely sure but I would probably try and research what institutions were in that area at that time. The census image should have the location at the top of the page somewhere. It might narrow down your investigations by looking at the neighbours to the person in question with regards to their location in the region. Not sure if this is much help - i'm still new to this myself. I'm sure there must be someone else on this site that will have a better idea. Good luck, Alison

Rachel

Rachel Report 10 May 2004 21:47

Thanks Alison. Unfortunately, there are no geographical details on the census page. When I search for the person, I get his name, age, place of birth, admin county, but the civil parish is blank. His occupation is listed. I can't find an institution listed that fits the details in admin county. Wish the site was a bit more user friendly. Rachel