Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Who are we looking for in DUDLEY and the BLACK COU

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 9 May 2004 12:08

For those confusing areas around Dudley where the boundaries changed from time to time. Please add the names and places below. Heather

Heather

Heather Report 9 May 2004 12:10

Mine are, DOWNS or DOWNES in Netherton ELEY or ELY in Netherton HODGETTS in Blackheath/Rowley Regis EDWARDS in Rowley Regis HOMER in Rowley Regis MOORE in Oldbury Heather

Helen

Helen Report 9 May 2004 12:23

I'm looking for half my family I think! Morrall/Morrell in Dudley/Netherton, Lee in Tipton/ Dudley, Samuel Clark/Clarke in Dudley/Tipton/Stourbridge, Webster in Dudley/Netherton Mynett/Minett in Dudley Thanks Helen

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 May 2004 17:16

I'm so confused with all the boundry changes! So here is mine and if its the wrong place I can only say sorry! Blame my ancestors. SHAW-Worcester,Tipton, Dudley, Quarry Bank, Stourbridge LAWRENCE-Stafford, Tipton, ROUND-Dudley, Oldbury PARKES-Cradley, Worcester They all moved up to the North East.

Heather

Heather Report 24 May 2004 17:28

Jo, you've reminded me that I have Parkes too, from Oldbury, I think??? Heather

Patricia

Patricia Report 24 May 2004 17:35

Hi Heather I'm looking for info on: FRANKS/DUNN/WILLETTS/BROWN (especially Richard and Mary Ellen Brown) - all around Rowley Regis/Tipton/Darlaston in Staffs areas. Would appreciate any info. Many thanks. Trish

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 May 2004 18:38

Heather when you have a look let me know!! Oh and I forgot to mention WAIN I have nothing on them other than Sarah Round nee WAIN

Tay

Tay Report 24 May 2004 20:04

Hi there all, i dont know whether Bilston is in the Dudley area or not , but if it is i have BURKE and LODGE in the Bilston area. Would appreciate it very much if anyone has any info on these names, as i have hit a huge brick wall. I'm also looking for info on HALLFORD in the TIPTON area. Deb X