Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

on a go slow

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Brenda

Brenda Report 7 May 2004 14:23

my computer has started to go slow everything takes an age to appear after you click on something anyone any thoughts on why it should do this any help appreciated

Janet

Janet Report 7 May 2004 14:38

Do you regularly carry out maintenance - defragging, emptying Temp Internet files, cookies, etc.? If not - this could be the problem. If you do, then perhaps someone else can suggest something!

Janet

Janet Report 7 May 2004 14:47

Brenda Just in case you need some advice on computer maintenance, I've brought Judy from the States thread back to the top. See "1 STOP ROUTINE PC MAINTENANCE"

Brenda

Brenda Report 7 May 2004 15:06

i know how to switch it on! just in process of printing out pc mainbtenance just had a funny message too "Jammer 2" is closing you down perhaps i have a virus hope not i would b so upset why dont these people realise the misery they cause.

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 7 May 2004 15:59

brenda, have you got norton anti virus installed? chris.

Janet

Janet Report 7 May 2004 16:01

Well, if Jammer 2 is a virus, it's one I've never heard of. Do the maintenance and see if anything turns up. Perhaps you just need to free up some memory, eh?

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 7 May 2004 16:10

Brenda, can you repeat the exact message you got/ re jammer?

Brenda

Brenda Report 7 May 2004 18:31

i have done some maintenance now sorry bob cant remember exactly wot it said but have had it twice now im havin trouble getting on to the lds site now search page keeps goin blank but mayb they have a problem