Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Have you noticed there's now a 'Printer Friendly'

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Simon

Simon Report 7 May 2004 14:20

Another new feature added - now able to click for a printer-friendly version of your tree. Simon

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 7 May 2004 14:22

Hi Simon Just found it - have hyou tried to print out yet? if so is it worth it? Liz

Simon

Simon Report 7 May 2004 14:25

No, I haven't tried it - my tree is far too big to print anyway (I suppose I should be glad of that though !). I've had a look at it and looks promising if your tree is manageable. Simon

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 7 May 2004 14:39

I've just tried it and it looks as though it may be pretty good. You can't print it off all in one go regardless of how big your tree is. The problem I am having is that I've been into Page Setup and altered it to Lanscape as the instructions tell you, but it's still printing out as portrait. Any suggestions? Jeanette

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 7 May 2004 14:45

Have just tried printing off and it cut one of rellies in half - so to speak Liz

Anne

Anne Report 7 May 2004 16:23

Jeanette, did you change to landscape in your printer's own properties or on the file menu? I think you need to tell the printer itself do do it. When I go for a print it brings up a window with a 'Properties' button and I change to landscape there. Havn't tried the tree yet though. Anne

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 7 May 2004 16:35

Ann You're right. I did it in the file menu. I was beginning to think that was where I went wrong. Thanks for confirming. Jeanette

Sidami

Sidami Report 7 May 2004 18:43

Simon, Where does it say "Printer friendly"

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 7 May 2004 20:47

Well I tried and no matter what I did the middle section is always missing got a great beginning and end though!! Linda x