Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Any thoughts on this please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 May 2004 09:19

My husband's gt Grandmother was Clara Tamblyn - according to marriage cert. Masters Formerly Tamplin according to her daughter's birth cert. According to census she was born Somerset although she was married in Wales Age in April 1885 was 18 (1866/7), in census 1891 she was 25 (1885/6) and on the IGI I think I have found her born April 1868. (St Brendan Hill Summerset....Wales) I have searched the 1837 lists for Tamplin, tamblyn, tampling and variants from Jan 1866 to Jan 1869 no Claras at all. On freeBMD phonetic search 1864 -1870 gave one Clara annie Templeman Shepton Mallet June 1864. Any suggestions as to the answer to this puzzle? Ann Glos

Patricia

Patricia Report 7 May 2004 09:30

Ann Shepton Mallet is in Somerset, probably not much help!! Pat

Smiley

Smiley Report 7 May 2004 09:31

Ann, who did she marry? Sam Search Google with "clara tamblyn" including the quotation marks. The first result brings up a message on a Tamblyn Family Genealogy forum, mentioning a Clara Tamblyn marrying in 1885 in Wales, see if it's any good to you Hope so!!! Sam P.S, there are 4 returns on that search all look interesting ;)

Crista

Crista Report 7 May 2004 11:03

Ann, I added this to the other thread you have on this on the Records Office Board. In 1901 she is listed as Mary Masters. 1881: Amos TAMLYN Head M Male 38 Tavistock, Devon, England Dairy Farmer Elizabeth C. TAMLYN Wife M Female 40 Bristol, Gloucester, England Clara A. TAMLYN Daur Female 12 Bristol, Gloucester, England Scholar William A. TAMLYN Son Male 8 Barnstaple, Devon, England Scholar Elizabeth F. TAMLYN Daur Female 6 Barnstaple, Devon, England Scholar Ada L. TAMLYN Daur Female 5 Barnstaple, Devon, England Frederick J. TAMLYN Son Male 4 Barnstaple, Devon, England Emily E. TAMLYN Daur Female 11 m Mangotsfield, Gloucester, England Thomas FOWLER Father In Law W Male 65 Gloucester, England (None) Mary WINSTONE Servant U Female 15 Mangotsfield, Gloucester, England General Servant (Domestic) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Information: Institution "Mendip Villa" (Staple Hill Road) Census Place Mangotsfield, Gloucester, England Family History Library Film 1341589 Public Records Office Reference RG11 Piece / Folio 2446 / 30 Page Number 6 Crista

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 May 2004 13:43

Samantha, many thanks for that I will look. She married Isaac Masters 1885 Crista, not sure about that one as her Father was William Tamblyn according to her marriage cert, but thanks I will bear it in mind. Ann Glos

Montmorency

Montmorency Report 7 May 2004 13:44

careful, IGI thinks there were two Claras born in 1868, 6 months apart, different parents, one in Summerset Wales, the other in either Bristol Somerset or Bristol Gloucs. Could be the guy who posted on the forum has picked the wrong one...

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 May 2004 14:34

Yes I saw both of them but I know from her marriage cert that her father's name was William, and the one born Summerset Wales has father William. Ann Glos

Smiley

Smiley Report 7 May 2004 17:25

Let us know how you get on Ann, it was Issac Masters on Genealogy wasn't it, but no responses. Do you have any idea who the thread starter was? A rellie maybe??

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 May 2004 18:27

Samantha i followed your advice and we seem to have a connection. I have now e mailed him and if aall our info ties up his Gt grandfather is isaac masters who is Tony's (my husband's) Gt grandfather. I wish i could say that Tony was half as interested as i am but he is only mildly curious!! Ann Glos

Crista

Crista Report 7 May 2004 20:40

Ann, Here they are: William FRANKLIN Head M Male 46 St Agnes, Cornwall, England Colliery Engine Driver Mary FRANKLIN Wife M Female 46 Glasgow, Scotland Engine Drivers Wife Rose A. FRANKLIN Daur U Female 19 St Agnes, Cornwall, England Engine Drivers Daughter John M. FRANKLIN Son Male 15 Kings Bromton, Somerset, England Scholar Clara FRANKLIN Daur Female 12 Kings Bromton, Somerset, England Scholar Source Information: Dwelling Church Ter Census Place Bedwas, Monmouth, Wales The others are all listed on IGI too. 1. CLARA TAMBLYN - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Birth: 16 APR 1868 St Brenden Hill,Summerset, , , Wales 2. ELIZABETH TAMBLYN - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Birth: 24 JUN 1864 St Brenden Hill,Summerset, , , Wales 3. ELIZABETH TAMBLYN - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Death: 02 MAY 1872 4. JOHN MARTIN TAMBLYN - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Birth: 14 MAR 1866 St Brenden Hill,Summerset, , , Wales 5. LAVINICE TAMBLYN - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Birth: 28 SEP 1872 St, Bedwas, Glamorgan, Wales 6. LAVINICE TAMBLYN - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Death: 27 JUN 1872 7. MARY JANE TAMBLYN - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Birth: < 1856> Yunsddn, Wales, Yorkshire, England 8. MARY JANE TAMBLYN - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Death: 26 DEC 1874 9. ROSE ANN TAMBLYN - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Birth: 04 OCT 1861 St Agnes,Cornwell, , , Wales 10. WILLIAM HENRY TAMBLYN - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Birth: 29 MAY 1855 St Agnes,Cornwell, , , Wales Crista