Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Am I missing something? Thoughts needed please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sylvie

Sylvie Report 6 May 2004 23:44

It could be the lack of nicotine that is causing my brain not to work............people keep telling me that giving up is a good thing BUT...... I have two references to an Annie BROWN who I know exhisted, she was my great aunt. Firstly the 1891 census lists her as being plain Annie Brown aged 9, born in Kensington. Then I have knowledge of her as a married woman on the electoral roll with the Christian names Annie Margaret. I have found her parents marriage in 1881 in St Pancras and her siblings all born in Kensington., I have some parish records for the younger siblings. I have checked to see if she was perhaps born out of wedlock and born 1880-81 with her mother’s maiden name of Coggins. She seems to be missing form the GRO. Am I missing something? I really would like to set up a brainstorming class! Sylvie

Joan

Joan Report 7 May 2004 08:25

You certainly seem to have covered anything I can think of! Just two thought...are you doing all your search on the internet? If so maybe go to your local records office and look at the GRO there as maybe she was missed off 1837 online. Put your request on the Rcords Office boards...people might help with other sources. Good Luck. Joan

Judith

Judith Report 7 May 2004 08:43

Hi, You've probably already tried this but could she have been registered as Margaret Brown, perhaps with Ann as a middle name, then later known as Annie in the family hence census and reversal of names on marriage? Judith

Sylvie

Sylvie Report 7 May 2004 09:09

Thanks to both of you. I have done the actual GRO references but not for MArgaret - which I will now do! I didn't know this name until a few days ago. I did copy this query to the record board but I might try the request, thanks again Sylvie