Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How can I

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 May 2004 11:48

I would like to put a message on the Trying to Find Board that is not in my tree - how do I do that. Lin

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 May 2004 11:52

Ta very much Lesley, I'll have a bash Lin

Smiley

Smiley Report 5 May 2004 12:06

Are you sure you need to add the name to your tree? I don't think you do, just add the message to "Trying to find" You have to head it with the surname you're enquiring about anyway, then anyone with that name in THEIR tree will have a little "new message" thingy along side that surname when they check their "Name Summary" In other words, to me and you it looks like your chap is in a long list on various surnames, but in actuall fact they are also categorised by surname, therefore anyone with that surname will be alerted. Sam

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 May 2004 13:27

Thats what I'm trying to do Samantha, but it tells me to go to a surname in my tree that I want to enter in the Trying to Find Board which I don't - Anyway I know what you mean it's a bit confusing - have entered the name in my tree, did the message then went back and deleted the name. Ta Lin