Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

birth certificate

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne

Anne Report 3 May 2004 17:55

can anyone help how to find a d.o.b tried all avenues, but no luck .know the year is 1877, and the marriage was 1900. william michael tully and sarah ann boswell, dec quater1900. william died1932 ,sarah died 1944. sarah was born 1881 any help please. anne

Deborah

Deborah Report 3 May 2004 18:09

Hi Anne, If you are 100% sure of the year and have not found it in the GRO indexes, with the exception of a late registration, which happens occassionaly, the only possible answer is that the birth was not registered. You would then need to look for a baptism in the local parish records. Debbie

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 3 May 2004 22:09

How do you know the year?I'm not harsh just know that people are notorious liars.My grandmother had conveniently lost three years by the time she was 30 and got married.Thats how she stayed for life.So apart from her Birth certificate everything else was untrue.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 3 May 2004 23:25

I've checked all four quarters of 1877 for you on 1837online and there are no William Michael's only two William's. One born Brighton, 3rd qtr. vol 2b, page 213 One born South Shields, 4th qtr. vol 10a, page 687 I agree that dates of birth and ages are notoriously difficult to pin down without the actual birth certificate. I don't think many of my ancestors had a clue how old they were most of the time. It certainly seems that way anyway. Kath.

Anne

Anne Report 4 May 2004 10:47

re birth certificate, thanks to all who replied, maybe they did lie about thier age , im waiting for the marriage certificate to come back to me, but this is taking ages. then ill be able to see who their parents were once again thanks to everyone who replied. anne