Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do i work forward instead of backwards?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jenny

Jenny Report 3 May 2004 14:46

Need a little help from the experts please. How do I work forwards. I'm researching a friends family tree and he has provided me with the names of all his fathers brothers and sisters but he would like to know what order they were born in. I've confirmed the 1st 4 from the 1901 census but the rest are born after that and before the mothers maiden name is indexed next to the birth at the GRO. i'm a bit stuck on how to do this and to top it all the surname is White so it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. Any advice?

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 May 2004 14:50

Well you have a rough idea of the timespan in which these childen were born, and hopefully an idea of the place, so I guess you will have to trawl through the likely Whites in that place and time. Were the Whites you have on the census all born in the same place - they might have been baptised in the local church, so you could perhaps check there.