Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gloucestershire genealogy records website

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 May 2004 13:28

Those of you with Glos rellies: www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleID=1335 contains non-conformist baptisms, wills and the Gloucester gaol registers 1815-1879. Not sure if it is a good or bad thing that three of my ancestors are on this last - bad because they've obviously been naughty boys, but good because it is a way of getting more info. There is a downloadable order form £2plus postage per record. Happy hunting! Helen.

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 3 May 2004 13:50

helen thankyou for posting this message i will have a look my rellies were from gloucester susie

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 3 May 2004 21:25

Thanks Helen - This will be a great help, esp as some of my lot were non-conformists..

Smiley

Smiley Report 3 May 2004 23:31

I live here and NONE of my rellies were from here!!

Annie

Annie Report 4 May 2004 00:53

I ordered some prison records from this site about my ancestors, for £2.00 a go. They were really good value, had physical descriptions of them (height, distinguishing marks etc). What was upsetting was their 'crimes' and their sentences. One had 12 yrs hard labour for 'attempting suicide'. Another one was a girl, 10 yrs old and 4'3". Stole a pair of boots. Jailed for 6 weeks.