Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

deleted attachments why !!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 27 Apr 2004 22:20

please can someone help ,attachments sent to me by someone who has connection to my tree keep being deleted by outlook express due to unsafe material, been assured his anti virus is up to date and this is agenuine connection. anyone know why it keeps deleting. thanks tracy

Christine in Yorkshire

Christine in Yorkshire Report 27 Apr 2004 22:30

Hi Tracy, I had the same problem. It's apparently 'cos Outlook Express is trying to protect your computer from viruses!! (very kind but not much use if you want to access them!) If the attachments are there but just not accessible you can open them by clicking on Tools Options Security the unticking the box that says "do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" then go back to your email & you should be able to open & save them. I always go straight back and tick the box again to be on the safe side. Hope this helps Christine

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 27 Apr 2004 22:34

hi christine thanks for you tips i will try that,not clued up on these things ,had attachments before and been ok ,and if ther has been avirus its let me know thanks again tracy

Steven

Steven Report 27 Apr 2004 22:36

You're security settings are maybe too high. To change them click tools,options,security, then make sure there is no tick in the box "Do not allow attachtements to be saved etc" Then click apply and then OK. That should do it and when you get the attachtements you're waiting for you can go back and put the security setting back. Steve.

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 27 Apr 2004 23:05

hi steve i managed it in the end thanks for reply regards tracy