Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cosaque Makes?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 27 Apr 2004 17:18

Yep,thats right,this is the occupation of a relative on 1901 census.If anyone has any bright ideas as to what it is I would greatly appreciate.I did think it may be a corset maker but I really don't want to spend any more money on 1901 images than I have to!

Brenda

Brenda Report 27 Apr 2004 17:27

i have just downloaded the census decoder and its brill

Brenda

Brenda Report 27 Apr 2004 17:39

just put the word cosaque into google makes for interesting reading. it is the french word for cossack if thats any help (couldnt possibly be could it)!

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 27 Apr 2004 17:51

Perhaps she was selling herself to the Russians so they'd have enough soldiers come the revolution!

Geoff

Geoff Report 27 Apr 2004 19:11

"corsage maker" has a modern meaning (put it into Google with the quotation marks)

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 27 Apr 2004 20:50

Thanks Geoff.Of course she was probably a florist making wedding corsages.