Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Australian marriage records - deciphering help.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Zoe

Zoe Report 24 Apr 2004 19:53

I have been kindly sent marriage records for people in Australia. They all give a "status" and so far I've figured out ______ 'S'=Single _______ 'W'=Widowed ________ but what is 'N' _________ this is my possible link back to my family inEngland. Anyone got a clue?? .... . . . . . . . . . . . . Zoe.. . . . . .

Marlene

Marlene Report 25 Apr 2004 04:45

Hi Zoe Have you tried putting your question on www.genforum.genealogy.com ? Hopefully it will open at the home page , choose countries then Australia. There are some very helpful folk there. Good luck Marlene

Abigail

Abigail Report 25 Apr 2004 20:00

have you found out yet Zoe? It has intrigued me so much that I might avoid the gardening altogether and go to the site recommended! Abigail

Seasons

Seasons Report 27 Apr 2004 17:31

just emailed australia but its middle of night so will have to await her reply!!!!

Zoe

Zoe Report 27 Apr 2004 17:43

ooh - I;d forgotten all about this question - not been working at the weekend) I'll put up a query now and get back to you all