Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Look ups at Gloucester - results posted on records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sylvie

Sylvie Report 23 Apr 2004 08:56

I shall be going into Glos Fam history records office next week and can probably do a few look ups - I will probably only have time for 10 or so this visit Sylvie oops sorry - I should have put this on the other board!

Michelle

Michelle Report 23 Apr 2004 09:08

Hi Sylvie, I have a poor copy of the 1861 census for Flaxley/Cinderford area and there are a couple of children on there born to Hannah and William Dyer that I have failed to find any info on, would it be possible to look for birth/death info please. They are - surname Dyer Emily J - born 1851/2 Amelia L - born 1856/7 Francis H G - born 1857/8 There is another child aged 2 months on census but can't make out first name but second name begins with B. Don't worry if this is too much for you. Many thanks. M.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 23 Apr 2004 09:09

I'm sure that will be helpful to people. Could you perhaps post on the Records Board too, so folk don't miss this chance?

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 23 Apr 2004 09:18

hi sylvia, could you look up the parents of joseph surch,he was born 1813 in long compton warwick,i think they were william & sarah? and if possible could you look for the death of mary rouse(nee:surch) i know she was born in little compton warwick on 29/12/1833. but don't know where or when she died. if you can't find anything,don't worry,it's very kind of you to offer, many thanks, chris.

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 23 Apr 2004 09:19

just a thought,could email me any results just incase i loose this thread, thanks, chris.

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 23 Apr 2004 09:41

hi sylvie i wondered if you could see if you can find a marriage for thomas smith b.1807/08 and hester their 1st son was born in 1837 his name was james smith they would be in uley gloucester thankyou susie

Geoff

Geoff Report 23 Apr 2004 09:46

NOTE - The Gloucestershire Records Office (Alvin St) only has the 1851 and 1881 censuses. I was told that the others are at the main library.

Sylvie

Sylvie Report 23 Apr 2004 15:19

Christine I don't think the Gloucester Office will cover Warwick but I will ask Geoff I am not going to Alvin Street - I am going to the Family History Centre - They may have all the census details and strays - I am not sure but will find out! Sylvie

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Apr 2004 16:27

Sylvie Many thanks for your kind offer. I have tons of Glos rellies, so you can probably help me best by giving me some feedback on how helpful the Centre is and what resources they have after you've been. Are any of your ancestors Williams/purvey/Mealing/Maling or Emms by any chance? Regards, Helen.

Sandra

Sandra Report 23 Apr 2004 16:53

what a kind offer, if you have a chance to look at workhouse recprds for Gloucester kingsholm district year 1890 when my grandmother was born Frances Louisa Lewis her mother was Mary elizabeth Lewis of Barton St Mary I would love to know if there is any more information about them even if you could find out if there are any records would help thanks Sandra

Freda23

Freda23 Report 23 Apr 2004 17:11

Hello Sylvie I am looking for any details on Rose Lewis born c1878 in Wick area of Glos. Her father was George and he was an extravator?!. He died before 1899.. Rose moved to Birmingham certainly by 1899 to marry. Thank you

Annie

Annie Report 23 Apr 2004 17:11

Hi If you have any spare time I'd be very grateful for some help. I visited the Records Office in the summer holidays last year and found the people very helpful. I found many of my family pre 1837 on the Parish Records Microfiche. I am looking for links to two families. One is Richard Hodges CARTER born about 1790 Arlingham, Gloucester. He was an attorney in Bell Lane in 1830. Also a Richard Hodges CARTER born 1838, Gloucester. The other is Ellen or Eleanor COLDRICK born about 1811 possible Rudford. In 1851 she was living in Kingsholm. She had 10 children with the middle name CARTER but I have never found a marriage for them. (naughty people) Hope you have a good visit and find lots of your own people. Best wishes Ann

Sylvie

Sylvie Report 23 Apr 2004 17:49

Hi all I'm not really sure what records they have for Gloucester until I go there. However, from reading their journal it is possible that I can access the following Glos Strays index Marriage index 1800 - 1837 burial index 1813 -1851 and I think all the censuses - but I'm not sure. All of these would be for Gloucester of course and no doubt they have various parish recordsbecause I know they are indexing baptism records. Helen - I have no rellies from Gloucester - I just live fairly close. I wish I did - mine come from London and it's such a treck! Sylvie

Andrea

Andrea Report 23 Apr 2004 21:29

please could you look up where a baby was buried her name is heather baber born january 1948 and died january 1948 southmead hospital.