Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Why can't i find.......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Melvyn

Melvyn Report 22 Apr 2004 16:46

Why can't i find a marriage on my tree i have been looking for it for about a year and have looked everywhere.It is between Henry Chippendale and Mary Ann Martin and there marriage date could be around 1852/53 as there first child was born in 1853 and i am guessing it is in the Wyersdale of Lancashire as this is were the first child is born. Can anyone give me any ideas of were else to look.

Janice

Janice Report 22 Apr 2004 16:50

Melvyn, You are making a lot of assumptions!! LOL Firstly, that they actually got married; secondly, that they married first and did children second! Broaden the dates you are looking in and you'll probably find them!! Good luck, Janice

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Apr 2004 17:57

Melvyn I did find this marriage - later than you wanted. Name Year Quarter Record Type County Volume Page Chippindale, Henry 1859 June Marriages Lancashire 8e 751 Edmondson, James 1859 June Marriages Lancashire 8e 751 May, Mary Ann 1859 June Marriages Lancashire 8e 751 Robinson, Mary Ann 1859 June Marriages Lancashire 8e 751 The surname May could have been mis-transcribed. Regards Gaynor

Kim

Kim Report 22 Apr 2004 21:48

there must be something about Mary Ann's. I am looking for a marriage between Mary Ann Harwood and John Pursey they lived Frimley Surrey but coud have married in hants, Middx ,Surrey or london. She was born Hants Elvetham 1843-6 and he was born City of london,1837 Approx. The first child was born in 1867 but I don't know where els to look. I've tried Freebmd and 1837 online for 5 years either side of 1867 and have found nothing yet! maybe they weren't married!! KIM

Geoff

Geoff Report 28 Apr 2004 16:10

The marriage to which Gaynor refers was actually in the Garstang district - which includes Wyresdale. Garstang Created 1st July 1837. Sub-districts : Garstang; St. Michael; Stalmine. GRO volumes : XXI (1837-51), 8e (1852-1937). Barnacre with Bonds, Bilsborrow, Bleasdale, Cabus, Catterall, Claughton, Cleveley, Forton, Garstang, Great Eccleston, Hambleton, Holleth, Inskip with Sowerby, Kirkland, Myerscough, Nateby, Nether Wyresdale, Out Rawcliffe, Pilling, Preesall with Hackinsall, Stalmine with Staynall, Upper Rawcliffe with Tarnacre, Winmarleigh. Registers now in Lancaster district