Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ive run out of ideas

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lindsey

Lindsey Report 21 Apr 2004 12:33

Can anyone suggest anything? I am trying to trace somerelatives in America. They are my great aunts two daughters, who emigrated in th50s-70s, not sure when, to USA. I have traced the person I think is my great aunt and there is a death record for her in th USA in1991 so I am thinking of writing to the last address from that on the off chance. Other than this I have run out of ideas for tracing them. Can anyone suggest anything? They are I think called Carol and Kathleen Jameson, or were at birth, and born in Newcastle, Northumberland from 1935 to 1949 I think. The death record for their mother Kathleen Stoddart (at birth) is in Texas. Lindsey

Abigail

Abigail Report 21 Apr 2004 12:43

I have a similar problem. The death record for the lady who I believe to be my great aunt I found on the mormon site. The area matched the one she was rumoured (in the family) to have emigrated to and the date of birth matched. Have you managed to get a copy of the death certificate? There is a way of searching immigration lists and passenger lists at an address something like Ellis Island but I have not had time to go there yet.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 21 Apr 2004 12:43

Lindsey Have you tried posting any messages on the Rootsweb message boards? They have boards arranged by surname and by place name. There seems to be a lot of Americans use the site. Jeanette

Lindsey

Lindsey Report 21 Apr 2004 12:46

Thanks for replying both of you. I am waiting for the death cert at the moment so I guess I should be more patient!! I guess Im trying to find other avenues in case the death cert turns out to be the wrong person but I guess I can only wait and hope. I have put messages on some boards but not at rootsweb so I will try that. I will also try the site you mentioned. Thanks for the advice both of you - I appreciate it Lindsey

Abigail

Abigail Report 21 Apr 2004 12:51

How did you order the death certificate Lindsey? My great aunt died in Boston, MA, so I don't really know where to start.

Lindsey

Lindsey Report 21 Apr 2004 12:57

There is a site called http://ssdi(.)genealogy(.)rootsweb(.)com. On there you can search the US death records and order the relevant certificate. Its similar to the US death records on the Mormon website. Definatly worth a go Lindsey