Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

LOVE AFFAIR IN INDIA!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 19 Apr 2004 16:52

I have just found out that my great grandfather who was a Sgt Major in the British Army in India fell in love with the Captain's wife and she had a daughter (who would be my nan's half sister). After the scandal, my g grandfather was posted back to Britain and the captains wife went with him going on to produce my nan in 1914. This would have been in India in the early 1900's. They did not, however, marry until 1939 - possibly when the captain died? Does anybody have any advice where I could start looking for further information - it would be greatly appreciated.

Christine

Christine Report 19 Apr 2004 17:13

You could start by joining the India rootsweb list.It's at [email protected] The list is very friendly- Chris

Geoff

Geoff Report 19 Apr 2004 18:13

If the Sgt Major and the captain's wife were the parents of both of the children would they not be FULL sisters? Of course it would be hard to establish the paternity of the child born in India.