Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wish me luck - going to Kew and Colindale tomorrow

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Simon

Simon Report 19 Apr 2004 12:10

Found out recently that my gr-gr-gr-grandfather was deported following being found guilty at Norwich assizes for setting fire to a stack of barley (in protest against industrialisation). A kind person in Tasmania has recently sent me copies of his convict records from that end, but I'm going to Kew tomorrow to look at the British convict record. Also going to the Newspaper Archive at Colindale to check out the local newspapers for any reports on his offence/trial. It'll probably one of those days where I either come away with loads of titbits or nothing at all - wish me luck that it will be the former ! Simon

Kevin

Kevin Report 19 Apr 2004 12:19

Good luck but i think you will only do one of them and have to go to the other on another day.

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 19 Apr 2004 12:20

Goodluck! And remember - take a pencil.

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Apr 2004 13:33

Good luck. Be hopeful, take two pencils and a sharpener! Oh and I may go to Colindale later for research, so any useful tips you glean, please post. Thanks Helen.

Dawn

Dawn Report 19 Apr 2004 13:40

Simon All the Best!!! Don't forget to take your passport for Kew. They need this from you in order to let you in!! Kind Regards Sarah.