Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The elusive John Thomas Hearn !!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 18 Apr 2004 16:22

This man is slowly but surely driving me bonkers ! I know he was born in Bedford in 1881, he was single in 1901, he married Annie Barnett ( or Hale) and worked at Wadenhoe Manor or Lodge as a chauffeur, retured to Cranford in Northants and later died at Kettering geriatric hospital.Don't know when he got married pr when he died but I met him and his wife soI know they existed. Why oh why can't I find him.I've asked about him on the Boards before but no-one else could find him. He must be registered somewhere,or at least his death would be. Its really his wife's name I need to establish where she fits in my tree. My grandma said she was her sister but grandma was brough up by her grandfather Barnett)having been born out of wedlock and her birth mother married later on and became (Hale).Is there anyway of tracing him through his employment ? Help, somebody please, before I go mad here ! Mary Brooke Help somebody please before I go round the twist with this !

William

William Report 15 Apr 2008 20:19

Mary, I have found a John Thomas Hearn who married a Mabel? A ( Annie? ) Barnett in the oct-nov-dec quarter of 1911 in the district of wellingborough northamptonshire.

Victoria

Victoria Report 15 Apr 2008 20:38

Mary,

Did they have any children? I have found this one birth in Reigate. Do you think it is a possibility?

HEARN Ronald W Hale Reigate.2a 316 3 1919 If this was a child or if you know of any children, I would order a certificate to check the names of the parents as I have quite a few of mine who are called by one name but actually christened another - me included!!

Best Wishes

Jane