Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry.com

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Denise

Denise Report 18 Apr 2004 11:36

Is it really worth joining? I have saved £70, so I can join, I can also afford to put £1.50p a week away from my pension to pay for next year. But is it worth against all the census's and parish records?

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 18 Apr 2004 12:37

The more they add, the better value it gets. Once the 1871 and 1901 censuses are online, I'd be sorely tempted. If you're not sure, just go for the three month subscription, you can always update later if you can't live without it.

Julia

Julia Report 18 Apr 2004 15:29

I have found it really interesting and useful, some of the things you can look up are quite funny. Have also found two lot's of my family.which has been well worth the money. Give up the Bungy jumping Denise and go for it Julia

Susanne

Susanne Report 18 Apr 2004 15:39

Denise, You do have to add tax onto the price so it is slightly more than £70. I have a quarterly sub which I got so that I could try it before committing more. This is a bit more expensive than paying yearly but you can upgrade. Sue

Denise

Denise Report 18 Apr 2004 16:34

Thanks for your help everyone. I think I will try the 14day free trial first like suggested. Even try to find out from somewhere how much $117 is in English, ooooops near said 'sterling'. thanks again, Denise