Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

COATS OF ARMS FOR SURNAMES

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

June

June Report 15 Apr 2004 16:44

Probably some of you know of this site already, but my friend came today and she had printed off the coats of arms for my main names, also a brief history of the name and where it originated http://search(.)swyrich(.)com/searchresults(.)asp?Licensee=4517&surname remember to remove brackets

Sidami

Sidami Report 15 Apr 2004 17:25

Lesley, Just been and had a look at that site, I think it is your eyesite as the web page is 4517&surname it is not 8 it is & short for and........I think it is on the keyboard above 7 well it is on mine. Sue

Smiley

Smiley Report 15 Apr 2004 18:12

I've got the site, I've done three surname searches, and I'm given the same coat of arms each time, with "sample only" written through it. Please tell me what I am doing wrong? You said you've printed some, how?

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 15 Apr 2004 21:33

Lesley, I hope i am not being "picky", but a '&' is an AMPERSAND. LOL Bob