Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do I 'Nudge?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 14 Apr 2004 00:07

if I want to keep message going do I just click refresh on this board ? Sorry to ask ( new to this)!

Rick

Rick Report 14 Apr 2004 00:09

nudge ! wink;-) or just a plain . will do - anything really You can even delete what you've just put on for a "silent" nudge. Rick.

Sheila

Sheila Report 14 Apr 2004 00:18

If in doubt ask thats how we all learn :o) Good thing about these sort of questions is it lets other people who are not sure what to do know the answer. Regards Sheila

Helen1959

Helen1959 Report 14 Apr 2004 11:46

What I do is take note of the thread number in the address box, so if I loose the thread( which can be frustrating if you use someone who gets alot of questions asked of them) I can type in the thread number and the message re-appears. Helen

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 14 Apr 2004 12:14

Use it sparingly, nudging a message up nudges all the others down. Bob

Patricia

Patricia Report 15 Apr 2004 18:56

Thanks to you all for the brilliant advice, it's easy when you know how! I had to really think about your message, Rick.At that time of the morning I still was'nt quite sure but NOW I get it! Thank you! Pat.

Rick

Rick Report 15 Apr 2004 19:01

Sorry Pat - it was an attempted humourous reply, but I guess I could have made it a bit more understandable at the same time! Rick :-)

Patricia

Patricia Report 15 Apr 2004 23:32

Rick, I picked up on the humour so no need to apologise and the instructions WERE all there, it just took a while to sink in! regards, Pat.

Rick

Rick Report 15 Apr 2004 23:42

;-)