Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

can someone check something for me???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alice

Alice Report 13 Apr 2004 22:38

Please can someone check out something for me on the 1901 census. Im checking out a Charles Mellor who was a barrister age 50 born in London -think he was living in Kent. I need to find out who else is in his household. I cant check myself as I'm on a borrowed computer! I'd be so grateful if someone could help!

Janice

Janice Report 13 Apr 2004 22:48

There's only one of the right age and he's a tailor's butler - bit of a far cry from a barrister!!! Born Lambeth, living Battersea. Janice

Judith

Judith Report 13 Apr 2004 22:50

Hi Alice, Found your Charles Mellor on 1901, in Kent. Tried for other Kent Mellors, there were 18 but decoder didn't find any of them on same page as Charles. Sorry this isn't much help Judith

Janice

Janice Report 13 Apr 2004 22:52

Sorry Alice, but he didn't show up on Ancestry. Janice

Alice

Alice Report 13 Apr 2004 22:54

That might be just what I'm looking for! I think he left his wife (or she died)as I cant find her either. She was called Ellen Mellor about 5 years younger than him with a daughter called Mable who would be about 20ish. Thanks for your help so far!