Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Deleting someone

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lianne

Lianne Report 11 Apr 2004 12:25

See below

Lianne

Lianne Report 11 Apr 2004 12:25

i cannot delete people from my tree or my contacts list. I have deleted from both of these lists before (although admittedly only once or twice and not before spending hours trying. Now i just keep getting redirected to the home page and i don't get access to the delete page. I have a feeling that it is something to do with the internet settings, but i cannot figure out what i must change. Please help Lianne

Tallulah

Tallulah Report 11 Apr 2004 14:33

Lianne, I may be stating the obvious, so my apologies if you have tried this, go to immediate family page, click on persons' name and below that is view,edit and delete, you can then delete the person, i have a feeling though that you cannot delete some one who is a direct link with the same surname as you. hope this is correct and helpful Tricia

Jeanie

Jeanie Report 11 Apr 2004 15:47

re. people on tree, if you have added others afterwards you can't delete, or at least I couldn't. Someone suggested deleating all and moving a gedcom across but I could not cope with that, too technical, so I have ended up re doing my whole tree here!

Lianne

Lianne Report 12 Apr 2004 10:00

thanks for the info all the person i am trying to delete on my tree, is not linked to anyone else - i have managed to add him twice lol. Barry - where is this update that you downloaded? (i am using ie5)