Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Other than a mental asylumWHERE DO I GO FROM HERE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pat Kendrick

Pat Kendrick Report 11 Apr 2004 10:58

YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE ARE MY LAST HOPE. I cannot find a birth, marriage or death for. MARGARET LEYS. according to her childrens birth certificates. Married NEWHILLS (one 1)4.12.1854 on the next 2.12.1854 Her son Robert was born 15.10. 1869 at Tullynessle. Her daughter Helen 14.4.1872 also at Tullynessle. Her "husband" was Gordon. They appear on the 1881, 1891 census living at Tullynessle but Gordon died in 1898 so only margaret and son were on the 1901 (Helen married). I have copies of the births of the children and also Gordon's death and that is all. I have tried scotlands people -used masses of credits trying every combination of spellings and LDS amongst others. Now it is down to you all for some invaluable help/advice. Thank you so much as I don't think I would like the asylum LOL. Pat

Brenda

Brenda Report 11 Apr 2004 12:14

Hi Pat ,can not give you much help except to say you will be in good company in the asylum,we have all been ther at least once,LOL

Lisa

Lisa Report 11 Apr 2004 14:33

hi patricia.if you go into records look for rachel howell.all i had was names and d/o/b. but she came back with help for me, its worth ago she was brillant

Sandi

Sandi Report 11 Apr 2004 15:04

There seems to be quite a gap between marriage and first born, 15 years seems to be a long time. Is it possible that that is her date of birth in 1854? PS: I believe ther is quite a queue for the asylum!

Cosmosmallpiece

Cosmosmallpiece Report 11 Apr 2004 15:12

I have found quite a few of my rellies in there so i should be at home!

Jane

Jane Report 11 Apr 2004 16:08

Hi Pat, is it possible that her name wasn't Margaret ?? We all know what they were like for using middle names or nicknames !! Just a thought......... Jane

Pat Kendrick

Pat Kendrick Report 11 Apr 2004 17:52

Hello you great people you always manage to help shift me out of the dumps. Lita and Brenda. Light hearted comments always perk me up thank you for those. Lisa, Sandi and Jane. Thank you for giving me the advice and another train of thought. I did wonder if she had been married twice!. Completely forgot about a different christian they were always changing them this was done to deliberatley confuse me and I can confuse myself enough without any help from them. BUT the tricky little devils do not know about GC and all the help one can get there. Thank you all so much now I can have another try. Bless you all Pat