Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ahnentafel Report TB

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 9 Apr 2004 09:59

Have a look on Tribal Pages re the above (no I did not know what it meant) It gives a family report starting with youself. Looks brilliant for printout. Better to look than have me try and explain. Bob

Russell

Russell Report 9 Apr 2004 10:51

It is great Bob, but the ages at marriage and death have been worked out incorrectly on mine. Can you check yours to see if it is the same. eg born April 20th 1937, died Feb 6th 1887 at age of 60?! All the best Russell

Foxyfeline

Foxyfeline Report 9 Apr 2004 11:04

Hi Robert Where abouts is it on the site??? I can't find it, duh...... Thanks Lisa

Russell

Russell Report 9 Apr 2004 11:07

It is at the right hand side of family, ancestor, descendant view or in the tree drop down menu

Foxyfeline

Foxyfeline Report 9 Apr 2004 11:21

Found it!!! That is so brilliant! Fantastic, and you can see everything so clearly. I like the way the direct descendent is highlighted too. Like you say, absolutely brilliant for printing. Mind you, it makes everything so clear, I can see that I still have a couple of people on there twice, and I thought I'd sorted it!!!!! I go up to 10x GGrandparents! When you see the tree like that, it makes you realise just how much work you have done to get that far! Glad you pointed this out Robert. Great info, great tip. Lisa

Foxyfeline

Foxyfeline Report 9 Apr 2004 11:22

sorry Russell, thanks for letting me know where it was Lisa x

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 9 Apr 2004 11:30

Yes Russell it appears to be just using the years not exact dates. I think they have just started it. I printed mine out ok. Still great, when niggles sorted even better. I like it because reading it makes you realise that all your ancestors are an equal part of you (or should be) Bob

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 9 Apr 2004 16:00

Robert That's great. Thanks for pointing it out. As has been said, the death ages must be worked out by year only as it says my Dad was 64 when he died when he was a week away from his 64th birthday (nit picking now. lol) Good for a print out though Jeanette

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 9 Apr 2004 18:28

I just had a look on the TB forums. Seems they are aware of date problems. Bob

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Apr 2004 18:35

Personal Ancestry File or PAF which is downloadable from the LDS Site is an excellent tool. It too will print an Ahnentafel Chart.